Altering Fonts



I absolutely love finding new fonts! There are couple of fonts that I found recently on Creative Market I have been playing around with different types of fonts with Illustrator and Photoshop to see if I can make some new designs. I want to share some tips on how to make your fonts work for you by altering them.

I found a really great font title "Joshico" that I am using in all of my blog post images now. At first I fell in love with the font because of the lettering. Once I used the letter in Illustrator, I noticed that the letters had a tail on the end. I did not like this at all. Here is an example of what the lettering looked like with the tails on the end.

I decided to figure out how get rid of these tails on the end. The font needs to have different glyphs which are different types of characters you can use in font. To access the glyphs go to Type > Glyphs.



After the window pops up you will be able to access the different types of glyphs. Double click on the glyphs you want to use in your text.



You will image will have the correct text you want to use.






Signature photo Blog Signature_zpswrrcnqf8.png

No comments

Back to Top